Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Web Hosting



This week I almost jumped into a webhosting site to get myself going with a real website. I've been looking at inmotionhosting.com, and artspan.com. I emailed a techie friend for his opinion and he's suggested being part of some education and rural business grants that would provide free technological assistance, free server, domain and hosting for a year. Of course he wrote the grants and needs participants! I am trying to decide whether I'm ready to go ahead on my own, or wait for all the red tape and get the FREE assistance. It would probably mean at least a year wait while students are trained, participants screened, and paperwork completed. In a lot of areas, I'm currently more technology savvy than the students who would be helping me! But, my participation would help out the students, too.

Meanwhile, my weekly blogposting has fallen behind due to a big weekend trip to Kearney/Lincoln and a pretty nasty virus that has me dripping and moving slowly. I spent 3 hours in Lincoln's Hobby Lobby and got some really great frames in their 80% off clearance aisle. I worked on 2 miniature collages while in the hotel, watching PBS's birthday tribute to Ella Fitzgerald. They are not done, but showing potential...one is shown here (4"x 6"). My mother did the scherenschnitte for some Christmas packaging several years ago!

No comments: