Monday, December 22, 2008


Just returned from the orthopaedic surgeon for a second opinion on daughter's shoulder. He will operate on Christmas Eve Day! This changes all kinds of plans, but best in the long run. I was up way too late last night getting ready for this 3 hour trip to the doctor, because on the way I was to drop off a miniature painting for a show at the Art & Gift Gallery in North Platte, and the painting was not framed yet. I was advised by daughter 1 that I should not do this for some unknown reason which she should be trusted about...? But, I am so excited about this painting, I wanted to share it. It is 4"x 6", with a bi-centennial postage stamp on it. I did some of this at the workshop in Longmont associated with the National Collage Society show. I love the colors and the mysterious feeling of looking into a tunnel or through the fog. The small format is fun and fast. And, the NCS has a postcard competition show in the spring.
Also, since we were on this long trip and the interstate goes right near my aunt's house, we stopped on the way home to let her approve or oppose the sunflower painting she'd asked for. She loved it...or grew to love it when I pointed out her grandchildren peeking from their obscure positions in the flower center. I still need the cousin approval, but I think she'll be thrilled. If not, I get to do another sunflower painting!

No comments: