Thursday, December 1, 2011

Noyes Art Gallery/smArtist Career Blog


This mixed media painting is featured in the Imperial United Methodist Advent Devotional.  It's made with an unusual technique. Citrasolv, a cleaning solution, is poured on printed images, altering the ink on the page and creating the unusual backgrounds. More citrisolv is used to wipe out the facial features, and acrylic paint defines the details. 

In February, I will have art in the Focus Gallery of the Noyes Art Gallery in Lincoln, Nebraska. Hope you can get there. It’s a co-op gallery on 9th Street, and a lot of my artist friends have work there.  First Fridays they are open until 9pm.  Otherwise, it’s 10-5 Monday-Saturday, with metered parking right out front.

I was notified today that I will be Friday’s Featured smARTist on the smARTist Career Blog!  Thanks to Arianne Goodwin—an awesome art-career coach.  Almost a year ago, my mother helped me win a session with the smARTist Telesummit.  I’ve done a lot of art since then.  It’s time to review the goals and get ready for 2012!

Many thanks to all who have encouraged and supported my art.  Bless you this Holiday Season.

No comments: